Introducing the Mamod Quarry Locomotive.
This loco is reminiscent of the penrhyn quarry loco “995 Gertrude”, which was built in the early 1900’s.
In 1955 it went to Canada where it was sold to Charles Mathews. In 1965 it was transferred to the Centennial Centre Of Science And Technology, Ontario.
It has been recently been repatriated to the UK and now resides in Stanford Barn Railway, England.
Check out the Mamod Quarry now as seen in Garden Rail UK, issue 305 p52.
The Quarry Specifications
- Internally fired Butane/Propane burner
- Two 14mm diameter cylinders
- Stainless steel steam pipe
- Internally framed regaugeable wheels
- 54mm diameter boiler
- 230ml boiler volume
- 8ml inline displacement lubricator
- 50 psi safety valve
- Bayonet smokebox door
- Silver soldered boiler
- 36mm wheels